Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
- Come join us on a Monday night! We are looking for willing servants with teachable spirits. VOLUNTEER NOW and DIRECTIONS.
GROUPS - Can I bring a group of volunteers?
- YES! We say the more, the merrier! If your group will be larger than 5 people, we ask that you give us a head’s up. CONTACT US NOW!
IDEAS - I have an idea for Monday nights
EXAMPLE: playing music, games for kids, health & wellness ideas, etc.
- We love and welcome your ideas! If you are interested in bringing an activity to Monday night, please let us know how we can set you up for success. CONTACT US NOW!
MEALS - Where do the meals come from?
- Our chef does the meal planning and shops for ingredients using monetary donations before meal prep begins Monday at 4:30pm.
MONEY - Where does your money come from?
- Most of our finances are provided by volunteers and donors, as well as the occasional fundraiser.
NON-PROFIT STATUS - Are you a licensed non profit?
- Yes. We are a licensed 501c3 Non Profit.
DONATIONS - What are the needs?
- Men's practical clothing (t-shirts, shorts, pants, socks and underwear, sizes L-3XL)
- Women's practical clothing (M-2XL)
- Shoes with good soles (athletic shoes, hiking boots, etc.)
- Travel size toiletries
- Women's disposable feminine products
- Unused makeup, perfume and body product samples
- Used books (fiction, non-fiction, children's and Spanish)
- Backpacks, small rolling suitcases, tents, sleeping bags and blankets
- Gloves, hats and warm weather necessities for fall/winter/spring
DONATIONS - How do I donate?
- If you’d like to make a financial contribution online, DONATE NOW.
- If you'd like to send us a check.
- Make checks payable to People Loving Nashville
- Send Check to: People Loving Nashville PO Box 60431, Nashville, TN 37206.
- CLOTHING OR PHYSICAL DONATIONS
- If you are interested in donating clothing or any other physical donation, you are welcome to contact us to coordinate a drop off or pickup. CONTACT US NOW!
CHURCH AFFILIATION - Are you affiliated with a church?
- Our volunteers and supporters represent a wide array of various churches and denominations. We also have volunteers that do not claim to be Christ followers and serve alongside us. We are passionate in learning about Jesus’ way of servanthood and working in unity to love more like he does.
Aren’t you just enabling people to continue in their homelessness if you give handouts and provide for their needs?
- By no means do we feel like we are here to solve the problem of homelessness, nor do we believe we are keeping people on the streets by doing what we do. Our desire is to offer dignity, a meal, clothing and ultimately, hope. We don’t claim to rescue anyone from their situation, but instead love them where they are at and journey with them if and when invited to do so. We seek to get to know our guests better and refer them to agencies when possible who will help them work through life’s circumstances and get back on their feet, if that is something they want to do. Otherwise, our intention is to be a friend. It’s amazing how most of the time, people just want someone who will listen.